Friday 20 April 2012

Bowling ball V10 & V11

Version 10

Medium Closeup



Closeup



bet you never thought you'd see this again eh???

I thought I'd return to it one last time and see if I could further tweak it. Seeking feedback from my peers it was suggested that perhaps my ball didn't bounce quite high enough and maybe needed a little secondary bounce as it lost energy. Here I've tried to incorporate that. I'm not quite sure if I prefer it; I think the roll at the end is a little problematic, the speed is okay but perhaps it needs to roll just a little further?

Version 11

Medium Closeup



Closeup



I tried extending the roll slightly but now I think it's much too fast; the ball appears to be sliding across the floor and it seems too fast, to me. I don't really think the higher bounce is working in all honesty. It gives the ball an impression of being lighter and more bouncy - combined with the too-fast rolling it seems the bowling ball is made of plastic! I may try simply removing the secondary bouncing.

No comments:

Post a Comment