Sunday 29 April 2012

Moom action piece V27

One arm... almost done!



It's taken me far longer than I'd anticipated (or hoped) and I'm still really not at all happy with some bits of it. But, the basic movement is there. Once I've got it all nailed I can start really fine-tuning things!

Right near the end as he lowers his arm after 'punching' forward, I couldn't quite figure out how to get the arm to rotate... inwards, like Sam's does, if that makes sense. As the bicep lowers the forearm kind of goes downwards and towards the body, rather than rotating outwards. I couldn't quite figure out how to replicate that in Softimage so I think it looks very peculiar...

Going to have a look at the other arm next... then, probably the head and neck, hopefully which won't take too long!

I'm just hoping I can get it polished well enough for submission. It's a pretty tricky shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment