Thursday 1 March 2012

Bowling ball drop rotoscope V3


More playing around; altered the speed of the first drop, changing around some of the timings on the successive bounces and also tweaking the rotation during the rise and fall of each bounce.

It's still not looking right to me - I think now that it drops too suddenly on the second bounce, so I need to slightly adjust that one. Widening the top of the curve should sort it.

I'm actually wondering at this point whether it doesn't bounce quite high enough on the third bounce - it's obviously losing energy, but having such a short hop doesn't give much room for acceleration. I'm thinking that maybe we don't get a feel for its weight because there's not enough time/space between each keyframe to show the difference in speed as it climbs and drops again? Or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment