Saturday 17 March 2012

Moom character pose #3

For the third and final pose, I chose an actual superhero. Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.


Though I'm not entirely keen on some of the modern depictions of the characters, they do have some more dynamic poses. I foolishly thought that this one, compared to Captain Planet, would be pretty straightforward. How wrong I was!



It actually took me a bit longer than the other two. Somehow, at one stage, I managed to completely break Moom's foot and it took me ages to figure out how to fix it. I don't have a clue what I did - probably rotated too many pieces in the wrong direction - but the foot was just behaving very oddly, twisted in a direction I didn't like and I couldn't get it back to normal. Luckily, eventually I managed to just zero out all the rotations on each component and that popped it back to normal. After that, pretty plain sailing!



Trying to get him to touch the ground was interesting. I was initially too afraid to drop his hips any lower in case it messed up the position of the legs and feet, but eventually I bit the bullet and did it anyway. Happily, it was fine! 

The fingers were quite good fun, as weird as that sounds. I simply bent the first segment of each digit downwards in its 'natural' direction, then bent the last two segments upwards slightly to give the impression that they were pressing into the floor.

I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out. The thumb is bothering me, it's just sort of floating there. I probably should have tucked it out of sight or something. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment