Friday 23 March 2012

Shuttlecock V5

Version 5



Oh dear...

Here I started trying to add the rotation to the shuttlecock... you can tell I wasn't thinking clearly. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Though, to be fair, I'm typing this after watching a much clearer reference video (which I'll post shortly) so I can now understand what was happening in that blurry video - when I originally animated this one all I had to go on was the super tiny video and had to guesstimate most of it!

First big problem; why does it rotate to the side after the first bounce? It should, logically, have rotated forward, landed on the corner of the shaft and then flipped over onto its side. It should then probably have bounced along on its side, or hit the corner again and then bounced over to the right.

It's floaty and has no physics. I opted to just give up on this one; it was doing my head in and I needed more footage. Back to Youtube...

No comments:

Post a Comment