Saturday 10 March 2012

Tennis ball bounce V6

Are you bored of me yet?!



More timing adjustments! I used the region select tool to bring everything closer together so it's a little faster. I think it's looking better now actually - but there seems to be a weird jump right at the end. The ball seems to kind of... lurch forward. Not quite sure what's happening there - think it might have had something to do with the fact that I neglected to realise that I used the region select tool on the fcurves instead of the dope sheet. Ordinarily this wouldn't have been a problem, but I had it set to "isolate curve" so I only re-timed the keyframes on the y axis, so I reckon that the keyframes on the X axis are just a little out of sync. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to fix...

Once that's all been corrected, I'm going to start looking at applying a little squash and stretch to the ball. Not too much, just enough to kind of emphasize the impact with the ground and the springy nature of this ball. Hopefully it will also help to highlight further problems with the timing and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment